Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Uh - oh... it's almost sunny

Yesterday ... enough was enough. I clearly realized that the blondie-Pipster does not understand seasons. She just doesn't get that you "are not" supposed to be able to play in the sprinkler while we are still under the heading of "winter-time". She has been asking for weeks... "weeks"... to go in the sprinkler....and every day I had to come up with a new excuse as to how come she wasn't allowed. It had nothing to do with the fact that wouldn't I look like the prize parent of all, letting the child run in her bathing suit in the winter time..... and then... I paused....

Yes, it's winter time technically... but it has also been up to 19*C some days... so why wouldn't a blond 7 year old not want to go in the sprinkler? I had to think like a 7 year old for a moment, or ten.... "Yes Fuss... off you go girl, you play in that sprinkler till your hearts content" ... "I'll have your hot chocolate ready when you are done playing..."

That girl was ever so cold yesterday after her sprinkler episode... and it actually wasn't that cold outside.. I am hoping that she might have just learned what winter kind of is. Well, it is sunny out again this afternoon.. you never know!!

No comments: