Thursday, March 10, 2005

A couple of things...

I have something going right... I have hair colour on the shelf in the bathroom, unused and the right colour. Hopefully I will find my way to slather it on my head.

In other things going right: I found the reason as to why my stuff on top of the dryer was all dusty-ish. The vent had popped off. That was troubling.. especially when I went to vacuum up the 3 years and 5 new dogs later amount of dryer dust... and the I looked at our vacuum hose... and it is in great need of going to the vacuumcleaner hose heaven. ... so... things going right.... I had just enough duct tape in the homestead to wrap around the vacuum hose and clean up the fine mess of dryer dust. I, yes I, I managed to put the vent back together. I did it. I had to... because nobody else was going to come to my rescue.... the Mr. Backtowork broken back man was not going to be able to crawl over the dryer scrunch behind the washer and squish to get the hose put back on... I had to do it. Luckily I had conveniently put the wooden box of my Bocce Balls right next to the dryer... because after I got the dryer put back into proper positioning with hoses intact... I was stuck behind the washer. Great.. but all things going right... I was able to heave ho over the laundering equipment, step on the Bocce ball box and continue on with the laundering process... which created a huge amount of thankability that came later in the day..... when "jeans" needed to be cleaned before the AM arrived.

Also... a job of jobs to be done, and never to be noticed or thanked... I managed to clean out one of the shelves (in the soon to be renovated as ORDERED by the wife), in the laundryroom.. and that's a whole bag of shoes to be given to the school, which is doing a fund raiser by collecting peoples old clothes and such.

And yet another thing going right... inbetween dryer repairs and being trapped by laundryroom items, I managed to throw together a document for the PAC (parent advisory committee).. in a very single afternoon... and had it back to the school before 3 PM.

Another thing going right is the 15 year old suv has stopped making that expensive sounding sputtering noise... Mr. Smartman figured that out.. so now it purrs like a kitten, which not only makes me happy, but the cat-loving-queen-of-a-daughter that lives here enjoys that very sound.

On more things going right... the weather is sandle weather.. so the girl can manage her very own shoes... and no knives have to be waved around the kitchen, other than just for cutting bread... now that's something going right.

I bought a plant today that is rather shade loving.. and got it at 30 % off... which is good, because I was going to buy it the other day... and it was not on such a good sale! Now, hopefully, with lovely Cicely bossing around all the dogs, and lowlife creatures that may cross her path in dog heaven.. the spot where I planted this plant will have a chance to grow.

I read in the local paper that the bears are waking up.... so, we will have to be wary of scruffy black objects once again...

And last but not least.. on a whim tonight I went down to the Debbie's minus one Debbie to throw pictures, papers and stickers together.. and call it scrapbooking.. all in all I managed to do 4 pages. Not bad for a whimful moment.

I must go ... and do some special prayer... in an effort to repeat the motions from today.... if only I could find some kind of special prayer book.... other than the stand by that I happen to use very often... "Oh, please God....for Christ sake.. can something please go right"... that's a favourite of mine....

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Four pages is pretty good. I'm the slowest scrapbooker of all time!