Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The absolute worst...

I was at the dentist earlier today.. it was nothing more than to have my teeth scraped, just for my every three month maintenance interruption of the day program. There was no actual dentist involved in this visit, which is fine by me. Although, the next time he sees me he will have a bulk of work on his hands.. there is a broken wisdom tooth sitting there.... just daring him to yank it out. Which he will do, because he has done those kinds of things before. This kind of work excites him and kills him at the same time. He has told me time and time again that he personally hates that tooth, but he can't take it out, because the two wisdom teeth are my only contact points on the left side. Hmmm... I have had braces... twice before... something has gone amuck. I have straight teeth with no bitability.... which I seem to be losing out on.. because now this lovely wisdom tooth is in the process of doing it's very own extraction. But that's not what I am here to write about, this is.....

As I sat in the "hygiene" chair, (except when I see her, I say Hi Theresa, alright... that's a painful pun, but worthy of a mention...)... anyways.. I can hear all kinds of talking.. from the patient.. with a mouth of of instruments, and flushers, and washers, and drool catchers, and rubber dams filling that space... but this person was still able to talk.. ( I think they forgot the cotton roll things).... So that started me thinking... SHUT UP!!! ... you're at the freaking dentist.. there's nothing to talk about, at all. Unless of course they whap you with something hot.. which is what happened to me...and I have the scar on my lipstick filled lip to proove it. ( I wasn't very happy that day.. now I have instances where my lipstick misses, and floops, and then I have a bit of an "Ooops with the lipstick thing" sort of happening some days if I am not careful) .... so unless those types of things are going on.. wave your hand for freaks sake. And close that open mouth of noise. There is nothing more annoying to listen to than this: waaaayy aaaaaa IIII wwwaaaSS ssaaaaayyiiinggggg IIII ddddooonnnn'ttttt lllliiiikkkkkeeeeee ffffrreeennnnn aaannnniillllaaaa hhooffffeeee. See, it's bloody painful to even try and read, let alone have to listen to. That's the absolute worse. Wait.. on that thought...there is the possibility of course they twang you in a space where no toothbrush has seen the surface/crevice since the last visit to lady hygiene.. who goes by Lady Theresa. That might be the absolute worst.

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Thanks for reminding me, I need to make a dentist appointment.