Saturday, March 26, 2005

I'm broken..

With the onset of advanced age by the 10 year old son... he has broken me this SpringBreak. Mission Accomplished, oh thank you dear son. It is too bad when he was born that the Big Guy decided that this boy should have no ears... because they would come in handy somewhere around NOW. I have often wondered what those itty bitty holes were, but from what I have witnessed the last week, they are not good for anything. It was only a trick.

Over the last half an hour I have witnessed the biggest non-event in my mothering history.. which is all of 10 years. The Mr. Saturdayworkingman said to the boy (to his face), wash your hair while you are in shower... the boy does exactly not as he is told and comes back, clean body with messy hair. The typical response from my aging son... "I didn't hear him"... So I say to him... figure out a way to wash you hair.

Then the kitchen sink episode occurs.. as he refused to go back in the shower. He stood at the sink, bent over and waited for me to wash his hair. Now, on a good day... if he had clearly been a good hearted listening fool, and I wanted his hair clean for whatever obsessive reason.. I would have stood at the sink and quickly washed his hair, because I like my boy. As the water flew, and counters got drenched, and the only thing that was foaming was the steam coming from his ears, as he stood there waiting for the clean hair fairy to arrive, I waited for him to embrace the moment, and venture out on his own.. and waited and waited... but then as it was.. he flitted around the table claiming he didn't hear what was said to his face... he was on is own. AND, nothing would be happening until the hair was washed.. (failing to mention here.... he has been through the shower a couple of times this past week, and we had been to the beach where sand had landed on his head, and was still there yesterday after his attempt at washing his hair...). So after much huffing and puffing, and almost breaking our little house down, the sweet young earless boy managed to wash his hair... now he is a tall squeaking clean sweet boy once again.. I so like my son. I'm off to go hug him about 10 times or so....I jus can't wait for what the girl has in store for me today... as I am already broken..!

1 comment:

Ozfemme said...

Oh Deanna. Loud sounds of mirth have just erupted here. I have one exactly like that. His ears - non funtioning. However, his defiant streak? Perfect working order. I too am broken. Have been for some time. Good luck!