Thursday, March 17, 2005

Holy schmolley

There are somedays when I have posts wander in and out of my head on a regular basis.. and they are lost... due to the slugworthy reactions of this blogger system... I considered not being here right now.. just simply due to that it seemed too much of an effort for the blogger system to open a page...but, being that I have had some stress ease vitamins today on top of a regular hard core multivitamin I have some semblance of patience. Only some, and I have just wasted it on the blogger system. Everything else now will result in hysterical reactions... and the 10 year old boy almost bought one a couple of moments ago... so he did the right thing.. and made it into bed in the nick of time. Lucky boy.

So.. back to business....

Today was report card day... I, being one of the parent's in the home was pleasantly pleased by what I saw, although... I am not totally convinced that my boy's marks are an absolute / accurate reflection of his abilities. Anyways... as he went trampling through the front door of our little house, he immediately went to Miss L.P's cage, and let her out. (She likes her cage, and I like her in her cage.. because she is a bit cagey herself when she is not in it, and we are out...hey, if I screw up now with her, it's now a case of one dog down, and one dog to go... and can't have that!) ..... so the boy starts talking to her in that grover voice from sesame street... Hey LP, I got bunch of A's LP.. what do you think about that LP...??? (as LP just frantically runs about the kitchen just because she can...)... then she flies up to him, and throws the boy her paw...then runs away.... but on a whim she runs back to him... and that's when I start.... ( with my own Grover voice going on).... "That's great boy.. but what are A's... are they new dogs coming to live here... because if they are, then I don't like A's.. just tell me what A's are boy"... ... as she then frantically goes out and runs down her ramp into the back yard... and that was only the first 5 minutes home from school in our house today.

In other non-interesting news... I really want to know why a telephone company who offers internet/email service is unable to email me a consolidated telephone statement... why Telus, why, why can't you email me a statement.... just tell me why!!!??? Plain and simple.. they just don't do it. Ok, that's screwy. So the fine Telus representative FAXED me copies of my phone bills, because I asked her to... but she wanted to charge me $1.00 a page... and she was going to mail them. That's when I asked her about the email service that this REALLY BIG CORPORATION runs... and why is it that they can't do it... she was going into a meeting this very afternoon.... and she would ask that very question.. I will never know the answer... all I know is that by the time I got the FAX... 4 pages turned into 15 pages... and when I was finally able to print it.. it had peaked at 52 pages needing to be printed. I kid you not. I used my newly coloured dark head of hair to formulate a new plan to retrieve my Telus phone bills.. I went into my home banker, and just looked at the payments section... it took me all of 2 minutes to write it all down... once again.. Telus.. thanks for nothing.... and if you wouldn't mind.. you can throw me a new ink cartridge my way.

Also... I used a little white person humour on the Tae Kwon Do Master (Korean).. he stopped me and told me that my boy was going to test for his red belt in April.... and then I asked him if that was in 2006 or 2007... I had him kind of stumped there for a moment.... I can't believe that I actually pay this person money... but ... the boy is happy... and the class that he attends is actually learning, and the boy actually likes this instructor, and my boy actually tries, and the kids in the class are showing signs of respect, and there is order to this class, and if I keep writing this stuff I will once again stay at the school where we are at... instead of leaving and perhaps getting better instruction some place else... but it isn't about me... because my boy walks out of that class with a smile... and as far as I know.. that's more than money can by.

And it gets even more useless: Any moment now I will become hungry... I am creating a lovely loaf of WHITE BREAD in the breadmaking machine... and when it begins to bake....it's gonna kill me...the aroma will waft up to me and tickle me just under my nose ....and then I may have to slice.... I just know it.

Another thing... I could be stuck here all night.. for the Mr. Husbandman has gone to bed.. and it's 10:27... and he's snoring... so that's not going to be good.. the writing is on the wall for that one.. I will have to start scanning the late night TV shows now... a snoring bug and fresh bread out of the bread maker... this is what nightmares are made up of folks.

I am actually frightened to walk away from this page, as it may be the last time that I make it back...the blogger world seems to be having a little crisis on it's hands, or it's own computer related hissy fit... it is incredibly slow..(it has nothing to do with me.. NEVARRRR!!!)... so it's the 3 P & 1 C for me... posting, publishing, panicking, and cursing. I will now attempt a removal of the hands from the keyboard...

Oh, not quite yet.. another useless thought that needs to be detailed for future reference.... We went on a rather smallish field trip today with The Pipsters class. We went to the City Hall. It was nice.. yes.. nice if you were a new member to the city, and needed to know the inner workings of how this "level of government" works. I was most interested in the Mayor.. and was fascinated at his inability to speak to a large group of kids that were seven years old..... do most seven year olds know what "iniatives" are ... and it was most interesting watching him talk looking towards the ground, but with his eyebrows kind of raised... it was all very interesting to me.. but he did win in the end... because he handed out pencils, pins and colouring books... that was the hilight for me.

I am being drowned by wafts of odorus waves of white bread calling out to me... over and out for now... I wish for a safe return....

No comments: