Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The one and only

I had the most wonderful experience of standing in a line-up today. This line up was a tiny bit long, and not by people, but long in lost experiences.

I stood, quietly and yet kind of quivering in excitement... with new velum stickers, a corner rounder and a new pack of paper. So perhaps I could have vibrating as well, but it was a silent vibration, I just know it.

Along came some people behind me.... the boy had a popsicle with two colours, and there was lots of chatter about that. LOTS. Then of course the slurping that went with the popsicle eating. Slurp- ha, chatter chatter, slurp- ha, chatter chatter.. and on and on it went... and then...something happened ... a very familiar sound came back to haunt me.... someone with chewing gum, stood right behind me.. and chewed and smacked and chattered... for a long long time.

These two people were there very own orchestra. Chew chatter slurp smack. Chew chatter slurp smack, chew chatter slurp smack. I have to say, I was quite proud of myself that I was able to maintain control of my disgust for the length of the line up.... and safe in the knowledge that I would probably never have to listen to that noise again... except if I went back in time to a place called Tae Kwon Do and on the bench there sat a woman, and for the whole hour that was the exact sound that we listened to. Although...that was more of a chew chew chew smack.... a feast for ones ears, and a test of ones patience...

So, upon leaving Micheals (the craft/scrapbooking experience)... I had the wonderful opportunity to feast my eyes on the worst dressed person in Port Coquitlam today..... black spiked shoes, black nylons, black spandex leggings, a large light pink sweater that slithered to the side of one shoulder.. and wait for it.... yes... I will say it... greenish coloured leg warmers. This poor unsuspecting soul was an award winner today without even knowing it.

No comments: