Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Big, little and the things inbetween.

Day 2 of Spring Break... I'm still alive. Although I have yelled a couple of times already that there is "no fighting'' at spring break.. I believe that they understand this, but I am certain they are having processing difficulties at present, trying to master this task. The boy did understand quite clearly thought that he needed to have a clean room in order for any trampolines to be purchased. The Pipster was clear on the same fact, but quickly came back with the response that she was frightened of spiders and could not possibly attempt any feats of magic today. Her brother is going to have so much fun jumping on the trampoline without ever having to give her a turn. I did managed to get her to dust out the den earlier today.. and all was going well, until she found a spider. That's when I got out the big guns... and powered up the vacuum cleaner... and told her to keep going.

Before we even attempted going out today I managed to clean windows and kitchens... quite remarkable.. because this is me I am writing about.

We went to Fort Langley today.. and because I am highly impatient, and all about "we have legs, and we can use them".. I made them walk on the Albion Ferry that only takes 22 cars every 15 minutes, (and there's about 22 cars that would pass through "the future bridge" every 30 seconds)..... so it's a bit of a line up at all time... and then walk down to the Fort... it was all fun.. except for the fact that I made them share the boy's scooter.. which brings me back to the first paragraph about NO FIGHTING, but that didn't seem to make a difference.. it was quite windy today.. so I am sure that the wind just drifted between their ears every time I opened my mouth. Being such the great mother that I am ... I took them to the bakery for lunch. I am the QueenMother!!! I really am. The boy spotted a pizzaria and the girl spotted fish and chips..and I spotted the bakery ..... I won, because I am the person with the money, and would like to see some leftover at the end of the day... ! We shared pizza buns and little sausage rolls, plus got a treat for $5.50... you can't beat that... although I hauled around drinks and such for any type of whimpering that could have possibly happened while out... you can never be too prepared. I even managed to make it into a couple of Antique Shops.. without the chicklets noticing... I am so sly!

We marched our way back home, and hopped back on the ferry.. while the line up climbed to over an hours wait... and we headed for home.. for the boys first baseball practice. But before that... the day can not be complete without a daily dealing with the lawn... and that means raking up some of the twenty thousand pounds of moss that has amassed over the last year...so after just a short stint of cleaning torture.. I went on for more torture.. not because of the actual practice.. but because it was C-O-L-D. It was practically summer a couple of weeks back.. and now it's cold.. OK, that is just so wrong.

At the end of the day.. the Pipster and I went on our hunt to get our trampoline.. which she just wouldn't stop squealing about....I have temporarily set her in the bathtub to stop the squealing ... hopefully the really warm water will subdue the fine princess... because that happiness ever after squealing has got to stop.. I am not sure what is worse... the fighting or her happiness squealing...

Oh, and the final ... "of things not interesting, but worthy of mention" file: We went to the library yesterday.. and I am not sure how many books that "The Terry Fox Library" has.. but it has a fare amount... and the funny thing is.. a book that I bought almost 5 months ago, is the book that I took out yesterday. How is that possible? (Other than it is obvious that I do not read fast enough!)

Spring Break: And the counting continues...

No comments: