Thursday, July 15, 2004

Ready, Set, Q U I E T !!!!

For all those home schooler people out there... you must be either deaf, or simply crazy. I have a couple of books for the chicklets to work on over the summer. Just enough to keep their little brains stimulated.... and more than enough to make the mother 1 inch closer to insanity. Today, I will call him "King Comedy"...( he is working on some math)then he starts to carry on.... first, using all of his home-made accents to ask me questions with, then when I start to laugh... then King Comedy turns into a crooner. With every word I natter away at the Pipster, (who is madly cutting out her words to paste onto her page), he sings his every thought. "KING COMEDY!" I begin to escalate.... he immediately sings back... "Ooh.. my mom is getting angry... I better be quiet..." Alright King Comedy you are done..... I say to him.... "Go and brush your teeth for at least 10 minutes... since you managed to miss doing them yesterday" I say. All is quiet. The Pipster finally gets mad at her paperwork, and throws it in a heap, and leaves it on the table. Well that's a wrap for "Homeschooling on Handley".... and then I sit here and begin to write.... BUT, King Comedy isn't done... he wanders back into the kitchen after about 10 minutes... and he says to me... "I broke it down... I have spent the last 12 minutes brushing my teeth, which I broke into sections in my mouth... he then begins pointing at his cheeks....2 minutes here, and 2 minutes here.... and on and on it goes..." which brings me to tears in laughter. This would be why I believe in the Public Education System, it all comes down to safety... it wouldn't be safe to try and teach these two personalities at home.....they could make me lose my mind. Well, must go and get real things accomplished today...

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Imagine how their teachers feel w/ 20-30 of them in one room, 5 days a week, 9 months out of the year.