Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Power Outage... so out we go !

So my son, I will refer to him as Mr. Safety. Quite simply because that is exactly who he is. Mr. Safety was concerned that the power went out, more importantly would that television continue to work after the power came back, and will his computer "Star Wars" game be saved. He was "banking" on playing two hours worth of SW. He had apparantly saved his one hour from yesterday, which I payed no attention to, so now today, that gives him two hours. Oh yae. The girl (the Pipster)on the otherhand was concerned as to whether the water park would work. (She was armed with a limited amount of information about water and electricity....)So off we go.... we walk over to the waterpark... just to find that it doesn't work. Hmmm. "I told you about this power outage" she hisses at me as her eyes begin to narrow and her blond hair growing bigger by the second. I think I also saw the cat claws begin to emerge... Well, let's just go for a little walk around the neighbourhood and see what everyone is up to. "No" she hisses again... "I just hate this neighbourhood now that the power is out". So Mr. Safety and I begin to walk, as she follows in a skulking/stalking fashion that only a very sly angry cat would move. We kind of walk fast, not letting her too close to our heels. As we meander through the neighbourhood she finds some friends from her school. "Well, I better cover" she proclaims, "I know these boys don't like to see girls wandering around with their bikinis on". (That-a-girl Pipster... if you could only have that same thought 6 years from now)...... with house alarms ringing throughout the neighbourhood, we rounded the corner to home.

No comments: