Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Can Somebody Tell me What Time It Is???

In our little house we have about 15 clocks, 1 on the computer, 6 watches and 2 cellphones. Each of them tell time. Oh, and then as a reminder there is also one in the vehicle. If I do the math correctly today that adds up to 25 items that could potentially help me. So can somebody tell me why I would show up one hour early to a Birthday Party? The whole sad part about this catastrophe is the fact that I barely make it on time for anything, that's including fun things to. So, today I make it to the party with 10 minutes extra to spare..... "I rock", I thought to myself... "Is the start of the rest of my life being on time!!!".....But then panic sets in.... the doors to Silver City are still locked... and the birthday party people are nowhere to be found... let alone any other human. "So am I at the right spot"... I wonder to myself. So, I call my friend (I have taken her daughter with us to the party) to inquire if I am at the right spot. "Ah damn Deanna", she says to me. "Do you realize what you have done????? she continues.... " You had me convinced that it was later than it was, and now I have just fed all the kids lunch.....(she runs a daycare, and has 5 little people under the age of 3 about her).... and I can't figure out why they are not eating.... it's only 10 to 11.... you are supposed to be there at 10 to 12" she informed me. OH. Shit. So that would be the reason that I didn't get all the things done that I needed to do this morning, I didn't think that I was that much of a loser, that I couldn't get myself organized for the day. So, there I was in the boiling heat, with three excited children and one hour to kill at a Movie Theatre that wasn't even open yet. Yae for me. Does anyone have the time?

No comments: