Monday, July 26, 2004

Days end, ends with a Post about the Pip

I can't end the day without a thought or two not passed on about the Pip. The Princess Queen Almighty One Herself deserves to be spoken about... I guess.
 So the day started off bumpy.. immediately hungry... which makes her grumpy. Crapola, I think to myself.... nice Monday to me. I feed the beastly little hound her bagels and smoked salmon cream cheese, while she lounged on the green leather couch..... just keep chewing sweet girl.... next on the to-do list was school work. She has a huge stack of "whatever" to work through. So I invite the little beast to the table. Bad move. By this time the boy is already sitting at the table talking numbers.... and she wants to do words. Bad move, because it's a bad mix.... numbers and words.... hmmmmm.... she does a page... with my constant help......I think to myself.. should I just take the pencil and do this for you... but I manage to restrain myself from that parental infraction. I could tell by the way she was leaving about three inches of lead dust all over the page that this mornings school work would be cut short.... five simple questions... and at that she almost snapped her most beautiful barbie pencil in half.... I gave her the evil mother stare-dare.... she settled.... in the den to watch TV. Not what I had hoped... but happy to still be alive.. so there's always a compromise... meanwhile Mr. Numberboy was still doing addition facts... later.... I managed to get her hair washed... because I was still calling her "Missy Lakehead" from being at camp last week. (Our weekend was a bit too busy and she never had the chance to be soaped and lathered and hopefully cleaned). Once again... I came out of it alive. That's two for two. We went to the dentist... to of course get the Pip's teeth filled again. She hissed for a while after we left... that "The Dentist Guy" made her teeth hurt.... but now she was pissed that her nose was itchy.... and she was going to scratch if off....IF I DIDN'T DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW !!!!!!! Well, Miss Pip... rub your nose... that way it will stay on your face, was the only suggestion I came up with. 
 We did a couple of errands... the whole while she wandered around with me... can I get something, I want something, can you buy me this,this is what I want, I like this, will you get it, I need it, this is what I want, I will not be quiet until you get me something. I looked her straight in the eye.."Get this.... you get nothing" Don't even try to hiss at me..... the whole while Mr Reading Boy sits, and reads.
 The day proceeds... then she decides that its Purple Power Sonic Boom Hour... and wants to start riding her bike. Alright Miss. Out we go.. and I watch her FLY up and down our street on her purple bike. Her pink helmut on crooked, only one pom-pom coming out of her handle bars, in a pink dress and pink sandles, training wheels kicked up high on the sides of the bike, as she hoots and hollers the whole way down the street... MA MA... she screams.... I just love it when I go fast... this is great!!!  I think, "I am frightened... I am still alive.... but I am frightened".
Later tonight.... while the boy and I were out walking.... Mr Biker Repair Man came out of retirement to put a new tire on my bike that he had taken off... who knows how long ago. Then I hear her, before I can even see her......"HEY, look at this.. what looks different.... can you see me.... what do you think???.......what am I missing ?????" The girl had her training wheels taken off. Nice. She hasn't used them in how long... but they remained on to what.... continuously bruise and bash her legs. "That's great Pip"... so now that both of the bikes had some minor repairs... we take the bikes out for a quick ride.... she goes belting down the road..... just to have a black cat cross her path... Lucky Girl or what??!!!!

No comments: