Sunday, July 18, 2004

The Magic Rules of the World

Hey !
Isn't it fun to read about yourself..... and you know it's you, and you don't even read your name   S  P  O  O K  Y !!! 
.... the blogging people should send out notice when it's making changes....(like a flashing  little red blotch with a yellow NEW in the middle of it).. I'm pretty new to this... I don't know if you have to have spend a certain amount of time typing with a bad templete to earn rights to get a new and improved model... are these the Magic Rules that people just end up knowing, without anyone saying anything. Speaking of rules....
WE have these two dogs. They're German Shepherds, females, one, we picked and the other picked us. They really hate one another. Really. They like people. (Lucky for them). But... there are so many freaking rules about owning them.... and then of course there are the non-rules, or, shall I put it.. the back up plan rules about owning them.... the first one, "Cicely" named after the fictional town in Alaska from that show "Nothern Exposure", (which I think should have never left the air due to it's innate ability to add quirkiness to your lives at just the right moment !). Then there's L.P. (or Ellpee,  since people ask me how to spell her name, and at the risk of sounding like a total creep from the down under... I just spell her name out.... of course the whole time thinking to myself.... OK it's back to kindergarten for you..... ) Anyways, these two beasts have drafted up the most detailed list of do's and don'ts you'd think they were poodles. Ha ha, if they could read, I would be dead.  They not only hate each other, they hate poodles, well they hate all of the rest of the four legged world. (We've been trying to keep them away from bears, gorillas, apes and kangaroos... they could have some difficulty with these). You know that saying something like "if one door closes, another one opens"..... I should have made it up, but not for the hopeful opportunistic reasons it was intended for.. but rather to separate our beloved beasts from ripping one anothers throats out. (So far this method has worked) They are very similar to ships that pass in the night.... we open the sliding door, one goes out, as the other comes in... sometimes they bump heads, my heart skips a beat and I wince, I reach forward to give them a little nudge... and all is safe...until next time. LP... the dingbattish one of the two, sometimes forgets that she is not allowed in the yard when Cicely is out there. I was busy outside one day, and out she saunters... with Cicely sitting next to me. unnkg. gulp. I drop what I am doing, walk to the sliding door open it wide, make eye contact with the dingbat and ask her to come. A wrong move on my part would incite Cicely... and she would run over to LP to show her dominence.... and then the fur would be flying.  They are very good at both lunging onto one another... and doing some kind of death roll (similar to a crocodile with fur).... this has proven to be a difficult separation attempt. So, that is why we have Babygates. They work, for big dog fights... I have many times just pushed the babygates between their two faces, and separated them... and then when they lunge back for more... there's already that magical door effect... and they go back to their different parts of their world. AAhhh, it's nicely clouding over, and I want to go and work in the yard... so will continue some new rant later today

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Ah,loved Northern Exposure...once I start getting paid, I'm buying season 1 on DVD. I always wanted to live in a little town like there where it snowed a lot.