Sunday, July 04, 2004

A lovely day in paradise....

First thing is first... I send my sick husband to the walk-in clinic. Even if he wasn't sick they would surely give him antibiotics just to cure his complaining. That over and done with, we then drag him out for an adventuresome day of ... driving our 14 year old SUV around Vancouver... with the new tires and shocks... almost a new vehicle you know. It made the girl happy to go "out"... the boy of course was a little pissed that he had to leave his neighbourhood, because that removes him from the closeness of his computer and playstation time. Boo hoo for you Mr McGoo. That was my grown up answer, be happy with it. Now the fun thing about going out with Mr Husband is the fact that we don't actually go out at all. We all drive in a vehicle... and watch everyone around us "out and about", and we the people on the sidelines are forced to sit in our 14 year old SUV and side smile at people. We ended up at Dundarave, just to drive around a turn about right down at the warf. Hmmmm... look at all the happy smiling people... they are out, well, we must go. Now I must be honest... I believe we were allowed to exit the vehicle at the Clevlend Dam. I think the only reason was the fact that Mr Husband needed to use the facilities. (In fact I don't think we were given the green light to get out... the truck got turned off and I think the rest of us just fell out). At which that point we rushed to see the tourist attraction before he could say this wasn't the place we were stopping. He has a funny habit of saying.. I will show you this place.... so I watch for the place... and then I finally ask.. and then he says, "oh, it was back there". Anyways, I am happy just to be able to look at some nice houses along the waterfront, and thoughts passed through my head that I could thieve some cuttings of some nice perennials if it was closer to the night, but then I have the whole exiting the vehicle problem, so that thought quickly was dismissed . All the same it's a nice drive when the girl (Aka The Pipster) starts to shoot her mouth off that she's hungry, and she'd like to see more people around these parts, and don't they have any parks, and that house looks ugly, and what's so expensive about it here they don't even have enough money to make a straight road... and on and on it went... so I say to Mr. Husband. Alright, things are going bad.. let's get the girl some food, otherwise it will be living hell inside our 14 year old SUV. The man complies, we go to Horseshoe Bay. I was stunned. He delivered.. and without incident I might add. But then again, he isn't thinking straight... he's actually sick, and Dr Walk-in Clinic doubled his antibiotic on the first dose....so now he's got the ..XXXXXX.....so, he needs to use the facilities again anyways. We get out of the vehicle (there was confirmation to open the doors and exit at this time), and we head in 4 different directions..... except that the two adults are the ones with the money, and the penniless children are merrily making their way for fish and chips and pizza. Everybody Stop !!! Let me introduce you two shorter people to something called 'HEALTHY', I took the Pipster with me to watch the sushi guy make some Sushi, and Mr Husband took the boy to purchase some Subway. WE meet up and take our purchases down to the warf/park/patron filled areas/next to the bay. The boy is already asking what time is it, and when will we be heading home, and does he get to have his couple of hours for computer time when we get there, and can he have something to drink, because he didn't get anything, and is it safe to sit by the shore when the ferries are coming and going.....luckily we found our spot, and I told him to stuff his 6 inch sub into his mouth and concentrate on chewing. Please. That said.. the girl is now crazy because the bees are after her. And they are. They are after me. So I close up my Sushi shop and package up her sandwhich and walk her to a table in the shade... and it starts... I hate this place, what a stupid place... the bees are everywhere... and that ferry is going to make the whistle sound, and that whale only has a small spout where the water drizzles out of... look at that park, it's too small for me. Don't ever bring me hear again. I open her sandwhich.... eat this, and I walk away. I sit back down, and look like some obsessive person open and closing my sushi package... the whole while, Mr Husband sits, and eats his sandwhich, not one word, nor one bee. Even the children stay away. Then the screaming starts. Of course the bees have found her again... and she races over to our picnic table... and tosses her sandwhich at us... and then demands that we live this horrible place, and why would we take her here... besides she's like to go to that place..... and points over to the nice and fancy restaurant "The Boathouse". There, I'd like to be in that place she commands. Well, time to go Mr. Husband says. He walks off towards the pier with the boy. I am left with Miss Fancypants herself...Lady Golddigger, Miss Wine and Dine me, Princess Platinum. Great, and we follow the boys to the pier....Well, time to head for home... actually it was quite a nice day... but of course, it's never enough for the Pipster. So, when we get home she starts... I want to go to the water park.. because I have been out all day, and I want to play in the water, and besides all I got to do was go to 3 different places and look at lots of different things, and get to have lunch and a treat, but I didn't get to play at the water park and now I am hot. All the boy wanted to do was get home... I don't know why, because Mr Sarcasm got caught (being rude) and I took away his privileges for his 2 saved hours. Then as soon as he had done it, the sly fox tried to make it seem like a joke. Too late... 2 hours gone... and they wont be coming back. So, now it's late, I'm back from the waterpark, the girl has eaten a piece of steak, so other than choking on it, she's happy. Huh, I just caved. I gave him back his one hour saved from yesterday. (Just because he has beautiful blue eyes, and he's so freaking sensitive and sweeeeett....!!!) I didn't think that was fair... what's fair really?? So, that's the day..... but then again we have to put that little princess to bed yet.... I could be back.

No comments: