Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Someone like me..

Last evening the sister called and decided that we needed to do some useless tasks... (shock, gasp, slap!). I twinged a bit, but thought it was best that I did, afterall I wouldn't be showing my true faith to scrapbooking if I didn't at least go and help the poor stalker sister out, and besides... who knows what her wrath would have been otherwise. I knew that I would have to put down my books for the evening... because that thought was gone.

WE walked in the front doors of the CRAFTSTORE and immediately the stalker sister spots some "funny fur" and picks up a couple of balls and tells me to knit her a scarf. (She prefaced that announcement with the statement: You read too much, here, let's get you back on a knittying hobby). Not long after that the two of us were standing in the doorway discussing colours and amounts of funny fur, when two things happened.... someone called out my name, and I met someone like me.

Yes, it's Bizarre.

The person that was "somone like me" gave us directions as to the amount of funny fur to buy, and size of needles to use, said a couple of funny things to the two us of, and then wished the two of us luck, and walked away. I said to my stalker sister.... she was kind of funny.

Very shortly after that I met my "real life friend turned blog buddy because life is all too consuming" and talked with her for a few moments. I would link her, but finding the right button is complicated when I am scurrying through the morning routine.... sorry L.! Anyways... her life stories along with my life comments always make us end up in stitches..... she disappeared quickly because as usual she was throwing in tasks between tasks...

The stalker sister and I continued around the CRAFTSTORE... and found stuff. I was ever so happy because I managed to not fondle any item in the store or became attached to any item, therefore letting my sizzling Mastercard sit in my bright pink wallet.

We left and went to Pier One where the sister bought herself a birthday present with the gift card that I gave her birthday. She bought herself a nice gift, I have such nice taste! he he he

On the way back to the car a black jeep starts propelling itself around the parking lot and winds up right next to us. It's the woman like me from the CRAFTSTORE..... she is scrambling in her jeep to get something and tells us in the same breath that she isn't a stalker but she needs to show us her scarves and pulls out her needles to show us. Right there in the shadows of the parking lot were three scarves that were in the making perched upon her needles. She was quite excited to tell us all about her adventures in knitting. This is when I realized that I had just met someone just like me.... well, of course with the exception that she claims not to be a stalker, and that name is reserved the sister as well...... but seeing that we are related, it all seems to go. I of course then had to tell the woman the name of my sister.. as in stalker sister... that sent the woman into fits of laughter.. . and away she went, buzzing along in her black jeep with balls of funny fur attached to her 8 mm knitting needles.


I asked my stalker sister how long it would take for me to turn into that woman... and the stalker sister told me: "You are already there".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Knitting! That was funny.