Thursday, November 03, 2005

"It's the stalkers fault"

That is what I said to the Pip when she fell into the bleachers yesterday at gymnastics.

I somehow managed to score a seat at the top of the bleachers, which enables you to lean against the wall, and you get a view of your very own Olympic Gymnastics Princess. Well some are gymnists, and some are just like my Pip. Things could be worse:

I was just happily knitting up a storm while perched upon the top bleacher. Things were going well, I could see, I could lean, I could knit (as per the stalker sisters request). The only thing I couldn't do was keep a good eye on the Pip as she sat in front of me. I am not certain how it happened, due to the fact that I was furiously knitting... but this is what I recall from my birds eye view. I believe that the Pip decided to wait for her gymnastics and sat on the bleachers. I could see her blond head bobbling in the space in front of me... but somehow in a Pippish fashion, and three knits later... I see Pips feet high in the air, exactly where her head should have been. "WOA... Pip, what's going on down there?" I call down to her. The little lady gymnist Pipster had somehow managed not to give herself a brain injury as her hands are touching the ground beneath the bleachers, and her blond mass of hair was dangling above her. That was the exact moment that I looked up from my knitting to see her painted toes wiggling about in the air. Luckily, a very attentive non-knitting spectator saved the Pip from further disaster and pulled her up from the depths of the bleachers. Lucky for Pip that some people don't come to the Olympic Gymnist gym with craft projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I'm so laughing right now but....is she okay?