Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Life as a crow

I was motoring along today and saw a crow hop along someones driveway. He must have spotted something fairly exciting. His two little legs just hiphopped him over to his spot of interest. I watched him and wondered if he was in pain flitting along like that, or rather, that is just the way he walked. I thought to myself ... "why not fly crow.. FLY!!!"

Then I got to thinking about a crows life. Perhaps always flying as the crow flies isn't the absolute greatest. You can't taste life when you are free falling, or breezing through it. You can't witness the scenery, or find the good pieces of eats, smell the flowers, or spot another hot looking crow. It just doesn't work. Your eyes are always face front, feet up, wings out, forward, fly. Maybe a crows life isn't so free and easy as it seems. Unless of course you are high up in the tree tops having a drunken conversation with all of your crow buddies, and annoying the shit out of all the humans below you at 0542 in the morning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh...I needed a laugh...thank you for the laugh.

Oh p.s. the hand....is blistering. I'm staying away from the coffee today and having....wine, instead.