Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Holy fish cakes.

I just got back from the great grocery shop. I missed the big ticket coupon event last weekend, so today I used my measly "4x" the airmiles deal. I am not certain if the day will come when these airmiles will actually amount to anything.... but I am collecting until that day of realization comes... just in case.

I forgot to take my omega 3-6-9 smart pills already today...so I am already slipping in the bright department. Although now that I am actually thinking of it... I will find the bottle and down a few.... and hopefully I will be back to regular smartness momentarily.

In other non-smart things:

The resizing of the wedding ring is totally wrong... now I am walking around with a piece of tape wrapped around the bottom of it. Mr. Husbandman laughed and shook his head when the Pipster showed him the changes that had been made to the almost 15 year old (on the finger) ring. Little lady Pip loved it so, and asked when there would be a matching one on the other hand.... she is a smart little cookie... she knows that one day she will have them, so she better just start asking for more..... my Pip.

In other smartish things:

The Boy has lost his PS2 again... I am almost thinking that this time it is for good. For real, for good. I took it away from him last week when he announced that he failed to study for a French Exam..... because he forgot. ( I know I have memory issues.... but he's just 10, and shouldn't be quite as stupid as me... at least not yet ) Now that the PS2 is gone again... he can concentrate on his other things that he does in his big 10 year old life. One of the main things he is working on is listening, and following directions from humans. Hopefully he will find a good connection.... soon.

The people that employ Mr. Husbandman have realized once again how he is Mr. Versatile. The Husbandman tried to strike a deal to get out of doing his "office boy job"... but now they like him in there..... except for the "office boy" himself. So now he is wearing his work boots back at work... in the event that someone gets to leave the office to go to a jobsite... and is worksite worthy. When the call comes in, all they will see are burning footprints and squealing tires.... poor Mr. Officeboy.

OH, and the real reason I started writing.... I had to go and buy some food that wasn't prepared in 13 different vats of saturated fat. Mr. Husbandman brought home some fish last evening... as he well knew that the Pipster would absolutely love... I looked at the fat content of the one piece of fish and had a bird because of the fish. OMG.... 24 grams of fat in 1 piece..... oh yes,.... give me two! I don't think so.

So, as of now, I have a couple chunks of salmon defrosting in the bags on the floor where I left them... so must be off!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the floor???? Aren't you afraid that they might get eaten? by the pooch?

Susan said...

hey kiddo,
thanks for popping bye the new site and for the email update.
Where did you get those smart pills anyway? and is there a point in time when there is just no hope? Am i past the point of no-hope for genius? hehehehe.

Susan

Kimmie said...

Would that big coupon day mean the 250 airmiles?? the SAME one I missed the other day? I could have kicked myself for not timing it so that I could get the 250 AMiles... so I settled for the 5x airmiles the other day but I think in all I ended up getting 90 airmiles.

BTW, not sure if I mentioned it before but I really enjoy reading your blog, you are a fantastic writer!

Anonymous said...

Kimmie,

She's a fantastic person too! :>

Deanna said...

Thank you Kimmie, thank you Lujza.

Kimmie said...

Well, Lujza I am sure if she is a friend of yours she must be a fantastic person!

And you are welcome Deanna!