Friday, November 05, 2004

Something isn't quite right....

On a more serious note... not that these come from me at all on this magical mystery tour that I lead. Trust your instincts. Really.
Our little (in German Shepherd standards) Miss Ellpee has been taken to the vet, and her outcome is not certain. I watched her carefully for two days, and took her to the vet on both days. They claimed there was nothing wrong, or at least nothing they could see that was wrong. I knew that was not so. This morning I had the absolute displeasure in watching my sweet little catdog, fall and flutter and flail across the kitchen and out into the driveway. She could no longer walk. She had turned into a madcow overnight. That being said, it is not funny... but that is how you cope somedays.... humour... even when it's real bad. Yes, reminiscing back on this day there is more bad humour to be shared. While I was at the vet my sister called. I told her not to come.. but then again I thought... she is really the professional at dog visits.. and putting dogs down... she's had to do it twice.. so I told her to come on down.
Now we sit and wait.... Our little Ellpee has never stayed in an expensive hotel ever, nor have we, ever. Tomorrow will bring news of what happens next.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Oh, sweetie... our thoughts are with you and Miss Ellpee. These dogs really take a chunk out of our hearts, don't they? I lost my Newfoundland, Duchess, when I was 19 and never could get another one. Big hugs winging their way to you and yours!

Chastity said...

I am so so so sorry!! I hope she makes it!

Unknown said...

thinking of you