Friday, November 26, 2004

Officially Frightened.

I can actually say it's less than a month to Christmas. That scares me. But what scares me more is the fact that I have a whole whack of Christmas cards to ink on & children's pictures to cut apart. I am a professional procrastinator on that one. So, to celebrate the fact that I have to write Christmas Cards, I did the obvious. I got right into it.... While the sun came out yesterday afternoon for an undetermined length of time, I went out into the back yard and cut the lawn and cleaned out the perenniel garden and raked the lawn and cleaned up dog gifts, oh and raked the front grass, and also trimmed my hydrangeas and washed down the back deck. But before that, a slight intermission by taking my friends boy to school & checking out the backdrop on the school's stage. Wait, before that I went to Costco to find Baby Shower trimmings, or things that I will serve at a little "do". And yet, before all of that happened I had to stop at Tim Horton's and retrieve a coffee, and then go put my check in the bank. But first of all, I had a meeting with another couple of parents from the school, about school crap. Of course at that point I was enlightened by a couple of points, so that was helpful. Prior to all of this I was in the driveway applying lipstick in my vehicle, which my boy has pointed out that: "Let's pause for the most important moment of the day". And that's how it begins. Of course today I am frightened... because all of the things I didn't get done yesterday.. are now of course waiting in the wings for me today.. with all the other things that are waiting for me today... I am officially frightened.

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Officially less than a month away? I hadn't thought about it like that...Yikes, I need to start shopping.