Sunday, November 21, 2004

M O V E !

The eleven year old evilest of queens Cicely is really a nice a dog on the whole. Exept when confronted with another animal. Big mistake. For example, the caged younger almost un-crippled dog; if they were to connect that would be a big mistake. It would be kind of and "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" sort of encounter. Owning Cicely is similar to owning a magic carpet... she's always underfoot anytime, anyplace, anyhow, snow, sleet, summer, fall, rain, couches, kitchens, beds, laundryrooms, backsteps, and propped up against the wall, or precariously positioned babygates. She even leans up against the shower curtain while you're in the shower. I have learned that the hard way by ripping back the curtain, and there she is, of course startled by the abruptness of the curtain being whipped back.. she barely has enough time to move. When each of the kids were babies, and I was giving them a bath in the bathtub, she would saunter in, and delicately put her two front paws in the bathwater. And proceed to stand their. She knew that I wasn't going to freak over her standing in the kids bathwater... but I did have to ask her why she insisted on doing that. She couldn't come up with an answer. I have grown used to her overtime... except.... she is not a dog that can deek. She's never been a deeker. She get's stepped on rather being deekable. She should have been a more deekable dog. It would have saved her many times over. There's no wonder why it is that her tail and paws are just so sensitive. I can't think of a magic number that exists to express the number of times I have stepped on her. She will go down in history as the undeekable dog. Now that she's old, and doesn't move too swiftly it's gonna hurt when I fall on her, because she has undeeked one too many times, and has finally tripped me. My undeekable magic carpet dog. Now there's a namesake.

1 comment:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Okay, I'll bite - what in the world does Deek mean?