Thursday, November 18, 2004

Coming up for air...

By accident yesterday I began cleaning out my closet...and it was purely by accident. I happened to walk by it.. and something inside called to me. One thing lead to another... and I am still here today.. cleaning out my closet. My closet serves as a mini home inside a home, similar to a dollhouse really. It holds all the elements of my life. In actual fact... this dollhouse even has the makings of a laundry room, which is not something that you would find in a dollhouse. Lucky me.
At present my laundry room is under construction. Currently it houses a washer, dryer, a shelf and a caged German Shepherd. The laundry room has been under construction for close to 13 years. With special thanks given to Mr. Cleanandtidy - Procrastinatorbuilder Man. But this doesn't irk me in the slightest... except for this ever apparant arm tick, that swings in the direction of the back of his head when he isn't looking... I'm in counselling for that... but besides that I am totally normal.
Back to the closet clean-out... I found some new clothes today, without even leaving the home, or spending any money. The new pieces of clothing have found more prominent spots in the closet now. I even managed to frame some pictures that I found... with the frame that I found in my closet. It also seems that I have been running a recycle centre in my closet. Apparantly I have a love affair with plastic bags. But they have to be separate, they can't be all crammed together and such. I also like plastic bags with zippers.. I have plenty of those. When it came down to the crunch of removing all the plastic bags from my closet.. the ones with the zippers got to stay. Also ranking up their with my love of plastic bags are buttons in little plastic packages... they are now safely located in a box all to themselves. Speaking of boxes.... I had many of those... and I am glad to say that I have passed this trait onto the girl, Miss Pipster. I even hid some boxes at the back of my closet again... just to surprise myself in another 5 years... or longer. I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

riskybiz said...

Last weekend I made 2 new shelves for the walk-in closet.
First I had to move out "stuff" to put these shelves up.
I think my wife has the same fixation with bags.
I also think that she won't have to go shopping, she has forgotten suprises as well.

Chastity said...

Deanna, thanks for inspiring me...I desperately need to clean my closets out as well. Maybe I'll find some new clothes too :).