Friday, November 26, 2004

Fish anyone...

I will write something while I sit here cornered... as my floors dry. Not sure why I washed them today.. I have a weekends worth of traffic to endure before I can get back to tidying my house before I have some people over Tuesday afternoon. I will also make a mental note to redo the duck-tape... that's what I do when people come over... a fresh swatch of duck-tape across the broken spots on my kitchen floor, a classy manuever I know.. but one has to do what one has to do. Apparently the floor will remain like this until we totally redo the kitchen. Which is a story in unto itself.. and that's not the notation I wanted to make at this moment... this is a rather fishy tale.

I decided that I needed to cook fish yesterday. Not just a piece or two for the family. A whole bag. It contained 30 pieces of fish. That poses a small problem. I believe that I am the only person that eats fish. Well, at least just plain, not processed sole fillets, with no crispy coating I might have to add. Last night I tried to disguise it in some rice so the kids would eat it... they fell for it, thank-fully. Two pieces down, only 28 more to go. The tale continues. I had to do all of this quickly... as is the usual with me. I can never plan this type of adventure... it has to be done.. yesterday. So I am dipping and grinding up bread for crumbs, failing to add cornflakes to anything, then I am pan-frying, and then dipping in eggs with no crumbs, and baking .. and this goes on till I have had enough fish cooking and decide that we need to leave for Tae Kwon Do. I now have a stack of fish fillets sitting on a plate. They almost looked like a stack of pancakes except that these wouldn't taste good with syrup. I wrap them all up and stuff them in the fridge. When Mr. Cleanandtidy comes home... he looks at me and says he's just not in the mood for fish. "Well, either was I, I just couldn't cram it back into the freezer today... after I bought all the party food for Tuesday.... so I had to cook all the fish... " I said to him. I had a stack of fish for dinner, and a stack of fish for breakfast. I am just wondering what I am going to come up with for dinner....

No comments: