Friday, November 19, 2004

Hiding Christmas from the Pip

The Pip has an over abundant imagination when it comes to colour, paper, painting, ... pretty much anything to do with creating. She loves it so much that her enthusiasm gets in the way with any real production. That is the reason why I am hiding some Christmas ornaments that I am painting. I qualify for the kindest mother award... She spotted some stars the other day that I had in the non-crafting-under-construction-laundry-room the other day. " OH !!!! I LIKE THESE MOMMA.... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PAINT THESE ???" she bellowed in her excited about crafting voice. The stars have been in hiding ever since that time.

I have only known this girl for 7 1/2 years... but in that time I have come to learn one thing about her... it's all in the set up. She could spend an eternity setting up her space to begin the crafting/creating session... and one slip of the hand sends the supplies to the first available wall in her sight. She's quite the fire breathing dragon when she wants to be... and sometimes its more effort to tame the dragon than simply hide the ornaments. You have to play safe when you play with fire, even when it's an occasional fireball.

No comments: