Tuesday, November 09, 2004

OH man.... !

The other day as we were driving home... guess what we saw so close to us... just guess.... my favourite thing to talk about, write about, take pictures of.... I will say no more !!!!
Out in the the field... was the most beautiful of fattest, of blackest, black bear. This guy was so big (fat) it seemed like he could hardly walk. We watched him... and then we watched the 2 crazy chow dogs that lay on the side of the road faking dead animalness some days.. chase this guy. Exept this guy didn't chase well. He turned to run.. and then I think he realized that he was about 8 1/2 times bigger than the 2 crazy dogs... there was one chow that also realized this.. and wandered away... but there was the other chow that didn't know about the whole size issue going on.. and proceeded to chase the unchaseable bear. So the dog kept running until he hit the bear. Yikes... life in action... I said to the other guy that was also watching the goings on. "Should we be watching this life in action?" I asked the guy. He wasn't so sure either. The brown chow continued with his chow-attack.. and the bear stood his ground. It was really like going after a brick wall. That bear was going no where. Once the brown chow realized that his attempts to remove the bear from the field were in vain, the "chow-down" was called off. At that point the bear turned and walked into the bushes of his own doing.

And.... guess who was wandering down our street last night.... the big bear himself. Our neighbours saw him.. not us... of course the fog drifted in, just long enough to obscure my view.

3 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Excellent! Last time I was in BC I had my camera always at the ready, aimed at all bushes. All I have for my trouble is a blob that I swear is a butt end of a bear and a littler blob that I swear is a moose about 4 miles away.

My brother, who lives in Prince George, just laughs at my feeble attempts to bring home photos of "Woodland Creatures" as he calls them.

gemmak said...

You really have a real bear walk down your street??????????

Deanna said...

Yes, yes we do..... we live close to farmland, berry fields, the river... and rather close to all the good things (5 minutes away from shopping!... and perhaps 10 if I want to go to the mall!)