Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Slammer's

I live in a house full of slammers. I'm not a real full fledged slammer. I save the slamming for when the extreme hysteria takes over... and the 14 year old SUV drivers door takes the brunt of that hissy fit. That's usually because I have cracked my head getting out. Or, dropped something, or have had enough with stupid things happening to me that slamming the SUV door stops all of that. BUT...the family that lives with me are slammers. They slam everything. Cupboard doors, refridgerators, sliding doors, THE FRONT DOOR, the den door, the french door, the garage door, the dog kennel, bathrooms doors, and finally their bedroom doors. It all boils down to Mr. Cleanandtidy... he just slams doors. So I have noticed over time. He's very quiet in many ways, and then he pulls the slammer routine, just to break up the silence without speaking. He is not frenzied, or hurried or harassed ( I am a very nice wife, I am a very nice wife, I am a very nice wife), or upset or mad... he just slams. You know he left about 5 minutes ago, and the house is still shaking from him slamming the back door when he took the silly caged almost uncrippled Elpee outside for her moment of freedom, and he aftershocked me with another slam coming back in. Then he left for work, and the final good-bye was a good-byeslam. The computer desk now sits two inches further out from the wall. It's time for the smallish-slammers to arise... I'll see what they can accomplish before we make are way to school. SLAM!

2 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

I have no alarm clock. Hubby slams the door exactly 10 minutes before I have to get up in the a.m. He slams it so hard the Christmas decorations keep falling off of it. The front of the house shakes. I think a window cracked.

But he makes sure to point out he's very quiet in the a.m. to not wake up the kids. Until the door slams shut.

Deanna said...

We live in the same world. That is me exactly. Interesting to note that there are slammers everywhere.