Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Coffee at the Zoo

I am wondering... and wondering. My newly caged younger of the two German Shepherds Miss Ellpee seems to coping well. She now lives in a cage... her only excitement is the jingle of the leash that gets hooked up to her, the door opens and she is lead down the ramp and onto the grass which is about 15 feet away. She is then turned around and walked back up the ramp and let back into her cage, and back on to her fluffy pillow.

Would you or would you not get depressed at this new life??? I am sure she is wondering what the hell she did to deserve this. But on that thought, she is/was quite a loner of a dog. She enjoyed just sleeping in her basket in the laundry room, where she is still located but minus the basket. I was forever inviting her to go and sit with Mr. Cleanandtidy in the den... and like some sparkle of an idea she would scamper in their to sit with him. She doesn't have that option right now.

I am kind of obsessive compulsive (to some degree about some things!)... and now I have added this to my list... how many times have I walked in the laundry room to talk to her, pet her, etc. Now I know that I will put a little piece of paper somewhere... "How much interaction has the dog had.. now that she get's to live in a cage?".... wouldn't want her depressed now!!!

A dog with a back injury.. that requires rehab.... an interesting turn in her life.....and ours. ((I should comment on the fact for the cage... this dog, although I claim her to be a catdog... she is also part Kangaroo... she loves to jump, and jump high. Which is why she needs to be in a cage.. any sign of any member leaving the house she leaves her quarantined area in a leap! Back injuries and jumping are a death threat to her right now... can't have that...))

No comments: