Thursday, October 07, 2004

Whens a pumpkin not a pumpkin?

I am wondering.... is there a certain time of day that pie should be eaten? I have a great passion for pumpkin pie. Nothing makes your day start off on the right foot with a good piece of pumpkin pie first thing in the morning. Although.... I am pretty much a morning person... and haven't fully tested out this theory... but it could be a theory worth testing I guess. When it gets to be this time of year it's the pumpkin pie thoughts that sit at the forefront. Just give me the pie... I don't want the fru-fru fake whipped topping that adds "what" to the flavour? I am after pure pumpkin, with a little egg and spices thrown in. Don't even bother with the pastry.... it's really not required, other than a holding tank so the pumpkin remains contained and you can deliver to a plate safe and sound. I don't even worry about having a genetically modified type of pumpkin... I am not certain if I need to worry about that yet.... but you never know. I was thinking that the icecream people could make millions on creating a "pumpicle".... really. The "pumpicle" would be an excellent source of after dinner vitamins.... that's if the manufacturers don't squeeze all the goodness out of the pumpkin first. There's 1 gram of protein and 240 mg of potassium in a 125 ml serving of prepared pumpkin. I can see the signage now...."Protein, potassium and the pumpicle... get a pounce start to your day".... I will sit back and wait for the people to start calling me now.

3 comments:

Chastity said...

I ate pumpkin pie for the first time last week, believe it or not. I've had other pumpkin stuff before, but never the pie...not sure it's my thing, but it was OK.

Deanna said...

I'm between calls.

riskybiz said...

Pumpkin pie anytime is good. Go for it!
Happy thanksgiving.