Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hiding behind my front door.

The fall is a nice time of year. It's a time when you can hide in your home.. and nobody knows you are around. Except of course when you have the little neighbour children knock continuously on your front door... waiting for anybody to open it. The neighbour children know you are in their.... they will get their way...Opening the front door can be a dangerous event. It all depends upon the mood of the home behind those closed doors.

Todays adventure takes us to the point where it is all quiet in this place, not even the dryer is drying. A pleasant moment... until the knocking starts. The girl had a friend over after school, and she was happy. Happy to have a friend over, happy to be able to play in her room, happy that she could have a friend come over and actually enter her room in fact. My thought is, why screw this up? So when the knocking started and the bedroom door opened, I hissed... "get back in there".... and I ventured further to put a stop to the continuous knocking. I had to be carefully prepared as to the response I was going to give to the inviter... just enough info to make her go away, but not enough to let her know that the girl already had some company, thereby making the knocking perpetrator a unhappy knocker.... I let her down easy... it went over alright.. especially since her attention was diverted because her demon brother took off with her bike... which made her scream at the top of her lungs.... alright, thanks for stopping by... as I quietly slipped behind my front door.

No comments: