Thursday, October 21, 2004

The day my hair grew bigger

Some days can be very frightening for myself. It all came down to about four thirty yesterday afternoon. My friend came to pick up her daughter, and then we were heading out for... you guessed it... gymnastics. I whipped my hairband off of my head... and that is when it all sprung loose. Even my friend, who I might say has a large amount of decorum... burst into laughter. My hair had gained about 3 inches of pure frizz.....you see it all started earlier in the day....

First wrong move:With freshly dry hair we had our walk to school, in our moist autumn weather.
Second wrong move: Talked to a friend outside of her house... and laughed about our husbands. (that chatter wasn't the wrong move.. it was the bobbling of my head that contributed to this fine mess I was in)
Third wrong move: Arrived a little behind schedule for a long time visit at Lujza's house, so instantly there are demerits for lateness and the punishment is an increase in frizzability.
Fourth wrong move: Laughing for a couple of hours too too long increased the volume of the hair mass.
Fifth wrong move: Drove up to sisters house to watch the girl garden. This is real live gardening at its finest. Much laughter created here. I think the fizz from drinking the diet orange crush added more fuzz to the already really bad hair day that I guess I was having.
Sixth wrong move: Don't try this at home.... marched out to the front portion of the garden and began my own method in madness clean sweep of summer garden materials. The movement of back and forth and up and down, put the head of hair over the edge... it was flying in all directions.
Seventh wrong move: Walked quickly to school to get the kids. I should just wear a sign, I am not crazy, just my hair is. It was big hair, big bad hair. And I took it to school. I still had my lipstick on, so that was an indication that I haven't completely lost it.....unless I start wearing frosted whitesh colours... then someone can hit me.
Eight wrong move: Peered in the window at school, scared myself....
Ninth wrong move: Cleaned the bathroom after we got home... the chemicals were attracted to the wild fray floating around the bathroom.
Finally: My friend came over to pick up her daughter... we went through the number of bottles of antifrizz hair goup.... all of them 3/4's empty... and none of them had been used today. The hair rested high on my head, laughter poured from her, I had to leave to be in a public place, and sit with people that I will never talk to, or ever know..... something had to be done... fast. Then... out came the spray....

No comments: