Friday, October 29, 2004

More water...

Friday night is pool night for the chicklets... pool as in swimming. Lots and lots of swimming. The kind of swimming where my eyes sting from remaining at the pool for close to three hours. I have had great thoughts about entering the pool myself, and swimming laps... but then I would have to compete for space in a lane.. and then risk getting jumped on by the youngish kids that hang around the pool on Friday evenings. It's safer to find a spot and sit and watch the lessons unfold... and the looks on the instructors faces as the people do their lessons. I wish I could see the look on my face when I watch them do their lessons... it's so not pretty.
On a night where people everywhere are dressing up and heading out to events all over the place... I have staked a spot ... right here. Me and my drink for the night... it's very special to me this night.. tonight is the night where I treat myself to a crystal cold clear jug of tapwater. Yes, it's hard to believe that it's crystal, cold and clear and comes from the tap... but that's as exciting as it's going to get this night. Life in the fast lane.. I can hardly keep up.

No comments: