Friday, October 29, 2004

I had a fight with the car wash

It's always good to spend time at the car wash by yourself. That way when the swearing gets louder, it's only you and the power washer. Does everybody get hit in the face with the connecting brush? Then there was the constant banging of the overhead power washes cord against my white fourteen year old SUV. That drove me nuts... so I looked around then yelled at the hose. Stop making all that freaking noise!!! Oh, and the hilight was where it (automated token machine) told me that you could stop the process... and you would still have time on the clock.... that wouldn't be the case for me. I put it to stop... and stop it did... and it never came back on... so I had to go and buy another token. It's a good thing it's raining out now, and I just drove up the backroad which turns into dirt a portion of the way to get to the back entrance of the park... just to satisfy my curiousity about seeing any bears. None... but I did see a buck and two does... that was cool.
OH.... I was at the stupid store earlier today... buying "The neutralizers" of partyfood... BUGLES... and... when I was at the till, the young fellow with the long ponytail, and slim hands asked if I would like a bag.. I said yes please. When I walked around the side of the till to put the bags of bugles into another bag I asked "Did you get that bag".. to Mr Youngtill..... "what's the magic word he says to me"...."OH, you didn't hear the question I asked" I said..... "DID YOU GET THE BAG?, it's a question for you, there is no response required until YOU answer my question..... ".... he looks at me puzzled. "THANKS" I say to him... I'm a mother... I don't need you to give me manners in being polite. Freak.
I think what's really got me going here is the fact that yesterday... something happened at school for my boy. Which completely pissed me off...something that I spoke to the teacher about weeks and weeks ago, something that I tried to circumvent.... and it all unfolded yesterday... and it's still lingering about today. If it wasn't screaming down with rain I would go rake the leaves on the front lawn, that would make me less crazy. At least I think it would make me less crazy.

2 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Nothing wrong in taking your frustrations out on an irritating bagger. I can't believe he asked you "WHat the magic word was"!!! I actually MIGHT have gone to the manager about that one!

Hope your school situation works out. I have had one or two of them and they are so frustrating. You want to take over and protect them and get it all right and you're dependent on a teacher that doesn't always stand on your side or even care.

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Oh, do what I do - NEVER wash your car! Works well for me.