Saturday, October 30, 2004

Big hooks and little tales....

Yes, that's right... a big hook it was, and here's the tale.....It's not ghoulish, nor scary, although it could quite easily turned into such a thing. The Pipster-who wanted most desperately to be the most beautiful princess of the universe ever. Certainly that wish could be granted. All I had to do was to come up with the ultimate in fine costume design. (Since she doesn't fall into the princess of the universe category by default... although she thinks that of herself all the same)... well, there's only 31 days in October... and time was not of the essence... I had lots of time to design the ultimate Princess dress. Well, that was until it became the eve of a school party... and also the night of all my favourite shows. This is the one night where I will sit and watch TV for three hours... and do chores during the commercials. Now I have to say, I do love my kids.. a lot... I am there for them in every way... except on Thursday nights...because I am with my television shows. At the beginning of the month when I was busy computing the number of days in the month of October.. I failed to factor in the Thursday night viewing obsession. Shameful yes, but truthful, (pat's herself on the back). I began to feel a bit trembly in the knees... as I approached the Pipsters Princess Kingdom ... and offer up the "NEXT BEST THING" to being a princess of the universe..(after I had mucked about with a lavender witch hat turned princess hat with yellow hair).. Yes, my great idea was ....... "why don't you be this lovely and beautiful warm black cat... that you wore last year?" The Pipster immediately took to the idea... in fact thought it was a priceless idea.... in fact she was enthralled with being a cat.. again. The best part.... I had bought her a pink feather boa... and I had broken the news to her that we would not be able to add the feather boa to her Princess of the Universe Dress/Costume... it didn't fit the ensemble. But now... this year, she will be the fanciest jeweled and pink boa'd black cat on the streets of Port Coquitlam. Yes.... I'm big time off the hook big time on this little tale.

2 comments:

Chastity said...

A fancy black cat is a much more original costume than a princess anyway. I hope the festivities went well....and I hope you took pictures :).

gemmak said...

Hehe.....the cat was a good move! Cats are always superior anyways :o)