Friday, September 29, 2006

That boy!

If there was a colour to represent that boy, it would be green. Various shades of the colour green, because he is rather colourful. But green wins the colour comparison award, hands down.
The green represents a turtle, which is what he is similar to, and I think almost relates to.

Yesterday, while the husbandman and I were both not looking we had one teacher call, and another teacher email us. They were both wondering about missed notices, and missing assignments, and money for math books, and field trip notices. Did I say he was a turtle... well, I was wrong, he's a squirrel, in a turtle state of mind.

I emailed the teacher, and did say that the boy was doing better than last year... he really was. I did actually ask for her to believe me... he was better. Yes, a painful process, for everyone.

The boy basically carries around all his belongings all day long, that way he knows he doesn't have to panic trying to find things. The poor guy, and there's nothing I can do for him. I asked him why he carries around his math book, and that is because he doesn't want to lose it. I am hoping that he will eventually begin to trust himself enough to realize that he can foresee his day, and pick up his materials when he requires them, rather than drag everything around with him. In the meantime, I am sending him two sandwhiches at lunch, as with all that packing, he must be building up some muscle mass, and burning calories by the milliseconds.

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I forget exactly how old your little boy is...10? 12? Anyway, I have students just like him. Boys at this stage are everso disorganized and scatterbrained...turtle or not, it doesn't seem to matter. I deal with them (and their parents) every day; all you can do is be supportive.