Thursday, September 07, 2006

Happy Birthday to the King.

It's the Mr. Husbandman's birthday today. I guess I should start shopping for a gift. Of course the problem with that is... THE KING HAS EVERYTHING. But I have started to formulate a list:
  1. Kraft Chocolate Peanutbutter. My great shopping friend told me where I could get some cheap... I am going to investigate that today.
  2. Well, since we were at the Home Depot the other day, I bought the King some new black tiki torches... it's kind of fun to sit out back with little glimmering lights. It almost feels like a Survivor episode, except we are not in a race to win a million dollars.
  3. I could buy him this real cool light from Home Depot that my bear watching guy friend just showed up with last night... but I wonder who that would be for... as the King does not go bear watching... but I think he should.. so he really needs this light.
  4. I could buy him a shirt. Yes, that's a good idea...
  5. I will not be buying him anymore pants. The pants that I bought him last year, he never wore... then, when he should have worn them he didn't. But of course.. when his favourite shorts finally burst all seems this past summer, he unzipped the pant part of the pants, and turned them into shorts. I told him he was wearing 65.00 shorts. He could have at least wore them as pants for one day, maybe two.
  6. I am going to buy him a candle thingy for the table outside... he has taken to finding the tea light candles, and putting them in empty tin cans.
  7. I really wanted to buy him an outdoor fireplace.. but he wouldn't let me in on the details of what kind he would like. Being the happy firewatcher that he is.. he needs the real deal fire pit. I did jut recently learn that he had seen some that he liked, but never bothered to mention it to me. Good man!
  8. I will go and get him a cake today... I could make him one, but he has requested the only thing that he doesn't want for his birthday is food poisoning. I guess dinner is out as well.
  9. I was thinking about a magazine subscription. He has told me in the past he has his newspapers, and if he wants a magazine, he would go buy one.
  10. What do I have left... tools (NO!), he has thousands of dollars worth of tools, and thingys and doodads..., clothes OK maybe, books & magazines - forget it... right, back to where I started... kraft chocolate peanutbutter.. now that puts a smile on his face! I am going to buy two jars instead of one....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING!!!
The back yard looks great, good use of the willow stumps. Shall I come over on Monday or Tuesday to inspect the kings progress?

Anonymous said...

Most definitely a Happy Birthday to the King!

Anonymous said...

Wish the King a Happy Birthday from the Pickaspats! Did you have luck with the chocolate/peanut butter??

Deanna said...

Thanks guys (gals really). I told my mom about the driving to get chocolate peanut butter, and she told me not to be silly, go spend the money and buy two jars from safeway... she just doesn't understand the thrill of the hunt, and the value of defeat when it doesn't pan out..., which it didn't... I oddly met up with my grade 1 teacher, and we sat and drank coffee at safeway starbucks. BUT... I did manage to find the King a firepit without even looking for one, and on sale... (I wonder why!)