Monday, September 25, 2006

Desperato

Earlier this evening the lovely PIPster and I went driving about looking at our favourite bearspotting points. Well, isn't that a shock!... This time we bumped it up a notch, and I took pictures of all the pop out spots that we found along our way. It really is exciting times for the two of us in the 16 year old white SUV, but you know.. when the mall is unavailable, we really do have to make our own fun.

In other things not fun at the mall:

I made a lady cry the other day. I didn't mean to, I just made her burst into tears and cry, cry, cry. That wasn't the only crying going on as she was hanging onto a three year old boy that was crying, in-between his screaming and kicking. It was a frightful event. She was also trying to push a baby in a stroller, and also had a very sweet little girl walking next to her carrying a big bag, almost as big as the little girl herself. I spied her from a ways away, and people were giving her the evil eyes, not unlike myself on any given day when I hear kids screaming hysterically from buggies and shopping carts while I am out. I despise screaming children... I did not let my children scream when they were little, they were not allowed, and hmmmm, how odd, I did not tolerate it. Anyways... I walked up to this woman, and gently touched her arm and asked her to stop. I told her that it was my job to push her buggy and carry her bags and smile at her sweet little girls, and it was her job to hold and hug her screaming hysterical boy. We strolled out of the mall, the little baby looking up at me, with my badly coloured hair do (( I am not ready to talk about that yet!!!)), and the cutesy sister was busy looking at me... and the boy screamed, and the mother and I talked. As all mothers like to do, she said she could handle it once we made it to the exit, but then I said my job wasn't done, until I had walked her to the car... that made her cry more.

WE have all had those kinds of days, when even, with our IMAGINARY octopus arms, we can not manage, and would love the help from someone, anyone.... even me, a hater of screaming children!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a lovely thing you did Deanna. Very sweet of you.