Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Kitchen table and chairs or......

I have once again begun investigating digital cameras. I've taken a serious approach this time. I am in the process of creating my own on-line comparison shopping network, without leaving my home or having to talk to any form of human salesperson. It's not that I don't like people... it's just that computers are way faster at finding facts... I would spend quadruple the amount of time probably locating a knowledgable salesperson. I am not sure why I am looking for a digital camera... I think it's just the instant gratification that has possessed me. Instant gratification really would be a new kitchen and chairs, hell, I'll keep it simple and just go with the new kitchen.

At present I am currently waiting for the sun to move a little lower in the sky. I have got 5 pictures left on this roll of film... and I would like to snap up some shots of something. I have been "consumed" by my coffee table book that I want to put together. One small thought on that, I just have to figure out how to make a book now. This book is just photographs "From My Backyard".. which isn't really my backyard, but of Port Coquitlam, the city that I live in. Kind of boring yes, but it's really about passion and perspective. Training our eyes and our minds to see beauty in the smallest of ways, and to learn from that.

In the meantime, I will spend time driving around Port Coquitlam pondering cameras and kitchen tables...

3 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Just wanted to tell you that I have the Kodak easy share digital camera. It's a nice simple camera but..... it's flash is very short ranged and heaven forbid you're actually trying to take a quick shot - it's much slower than the action taking place. I have missed many a shot with it and am actually contemplating returning to a regular, old fashioned camera.

Deanna said...

Good to know that. I will look for that in the lists that the product providers continue to hand my way.

riskybiz said...

I bought a fujifilm because it was cheaper than most and because I thought it would be easy to use.
My 10 year old is the only one who knows how to use all the functions.