Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Oh my...

What beautiful decorations you don't have.......

My Debbie friends and I have taken to a little "Scrapbooking " adventure at one of the Debbie's houses. Any one of the three houses would suffice for scrapbooking... but it's this one Debbie's houses that wins.. hands down... no husbands.. whoops, no children I mean.... (wait, I must pause for a moment, go get a cup of coffee, and rejoice in the fact that it is 0900... and we are nowhere.. we are not late, we are not dressed, we are not breakfasted, we are not pretty, and we are not going anywhere at this exact moment.. .pause for this moment of happiness.....)....

I'm back... anyways...in reality my house wouldn't work for Scrapbooking, all 1365 feet of it... well it would... but we would have to fit (squish) around the kitchen table.. and then the Silenthusband would hide in the den... but we would have quick access to the refridgerator.. to get at the wine...but then... if one of the Debbies came over with her newly acquired Scrapbooking - Motorhome - Suitcase ... we wouldn't fit at my house (this suitcase qualifies for "better than packing for the best holiday ever")... and then, if the other Debbie, with her "Scrapbooking Store that lives in her basement" came over... she would be confused as to what to come over to my house with.. she wouldn't be able to decide...so she would just stay home and drink wine. That wouldn't work. So, in actuality... it's just better to go to the "Scrapbooking Store in the Basement Debbie's house"..... it's us, our pictures and wine. Be jealous Martha, be jealous.

So back on track then.... I had bought these wonderful little paintable tree ornaments, back in November. As I can recall, there are 30 days in November, which of course include 30 evenings. In all 30 of those evenings... I never managed to find time to paint my beautiful tree ornaments. Except for one night... one scrapbooking night... so I sacrificed the evening of scrapbooking... and brought my paints and ornaments.. and as we laughed and drank and nibbled.. and I painted 4 ornaments, that's 4 ornaments half painted... and that is the way it has remained. It's a good thing that Save-On-Foods had these cute ornaments this year.... because that is what my tree is decorated with.... I'm hoping that I will get the other ornaments painted for next year...but that might be asking too much...

2 comments:

Chastity said...

Congrats for actually making time to scrapbook; that's something I've been neglecting for quite a while. I never liked doing it in front of other people though...I'm not professional enough about it for people to watch :).

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Deanna,

Cool deal for you here - Wal-mart now sells PRE-MADE scrapbooks! I've seen them - there's a theme on the front (kids, vacation, etc.) and the entire book is already decorated with gizmos and cutouts and whatnots and all you do is slide the pictures in the appropriate spots!

Now that's MY kinda scrapbook!