Sunday, December 05, 2004

15 pounds of flyers

Flyers are handy items.... for the regular things in life. Then there's the purpose of cleaning up dog vomit, or adding warmth to a deteriorating laundry room floor which has had the promise of overhaul for quite some time, but I will not snipe over minute and delicate matters. Most importantly, flyers remind Mr. Cleanandtidy-pluscooktheSundaydinner husbandman that the Christmas season is fast approaching, and with that thought firmly planted in his head he is also very aware that he must set foot in some sort of STORE, to which he must purchase his wife of one year too many a birthday present also. Flyers are an important part of his knowledge base at this crucial time of year. Quite simply to put ideas into his brain, and quickly act upon those ideas before the selections run dry. It is to my good fortune this year that I have been studying the websites that offer info about digital cameras. He's jumped on board with this one. In fact just this very afternoon the good and kind gentlemansomedays and good cook plus cleanup after everyone so don't complain husband offered up all of the flyers to which held information about the digital cameras around town. "Make my life easy and find the one that you like the best" he says to me. That is someone that you need to keep around.... especially if you want a Sunday dinner and a clean kitchen afterwords. Then he neatly stacked all of the flyers in the laundry room. ... I will begin my plot for next year......

5 comments:

riskybiz said...

Your hubby has alot of names.
Mr.Cleanandtidy-pluscooktheSundaydinner, gentlemansomedays, and good cook plus cleanup. It must be a drag when he signs his legal name.

Deanna said...

It goes like this... R~~~~~~~-----. Really. (That's because he isn't sure what his real name is any longer)

Chastity said...

Poor men, why is it that they have such trouble buying us gifts? To this day, I still have to help my dad buy my mother's gifts...usually I end up doing it for him...he's pitiful.

riskybiz said...

Were not pitiful, it's called lazy with no imagination. I make sure when I buy something it has a good return policy.

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

I will admit one sad year I put two things on hold at the jewelry counter and presented him with the card. That was bad of me. I crave a time when he would purchase me something without the grueling sales ads and questions and "I don't have a lot of times" things.

Actually though, 4 years ago out of the blue he came home with a bird for me. One of those moments where you have to think, "Am I pleased about this?"