Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Odd and Ends

All sorts of ideas have been fluttering through the brain... but I haven't been creating any waves. Of course the Christmas Wishlist has gone unnoticed. There will be no new kitchens underneath my roof, let alone the Christmas Tree. I think for a good joke.. I am going to buy a Barbie Kitchen set... and wrap it up and give it to Mr. Husbandman. And on that note... my memory trap has sprung open...one of the people at my group asked me today why I wanted a new kitchen, I didn't use the kitchen much and wasn't it the Husbandman that spent all of his time in it? He was right... which twigged my memory.. he did this to himself... he proposed to me in my kitchen (where I grew up)... so there he must remain... in the kitchen... doing things.

Speaking of kitchens... ***dreaming of kitchens*** Mr. Husbandman has decided that he will be gutting the entire surface down to the studs, except for the ceiling... he does not wish to deal with the ceiling. What time of year, or what year this will happen is still to be determined.... but we did actually have a conversation last evening in regards to this highly interesting subject. I think he spoke more than I did... something noteworthy in itself.

So I have decided that it's not a good thing to skip a letter in the alphabet while writing Christmas cards. I missed a page, somehow, rather magically... and whoops... when I got a Christmas card from such a person.. that's when the memory twigged... oooppps... a whole bunch of people were wiped from the Christmas list mailing. Oh well... there's always next year.

I have managed to paint all of the stars, and Mr. Decoratethehouseman has put them on the mantle. I bought the stars from the craft store, last year.

I put great thought into finding the kids teachers a little present.. nothing ornamental, or sentimental, or judgemental, or memorable.... but it had to be reasonable. Reasonable equals calories....so I went with Peppermint chocolate bark. It's very good... I kept a box because my friend (Pip's teacher) said she had a weakness for chocolate... she got Purdy's... nobody has to know.

The boy has made it through half of his comic book festival. We went the library last week, and he took out 30 thick comic books (Batman/Spiderman/Justice League of America.. for those enquiring minds), I didn't think he was serious taking out that many.. and then I saw these things called hooks coming from his hands.... which were wrapped around his lovely stack of "No Knowledge and Nonscence", but he seemed quite determined to have them all... so away we went. The girl took out three books, which were immediately lost when the entered "The Kingdom of Pipsville" aka her bedroom. They will surface eventually... I am lucky I can renew them over the internet..... otherwise time is ticking...and as always.... it's costing me money!

The littlest of dogs, who is the smaller of the two German Shepherds has begun to live a normal (ish) life again. She still is quarantined into living a catdog existance. Her roaming around the backyard to chase butterflies and squirrels and birds from the backyard has ceased, and at this time of year, crows, who have nicely dug up my backyard into more or less a mud pit. **That reminds me.. I will go and buy my husband a bag of grass seed for Christmas**. Ellpee wont be running freely around the backyard for some time.... it's one of those selfish maneuvers really... let's not let her run around all willy nilly so that she kills herself kind of things. We have grown attached to her complete silliness... so we would like to see her around longer than next week.

Yahoo! I am sitting here... it's 8:07 on a Tuesday.. one child is in pyjamas watching TV, and one is still sleeping... I'm fairly awful looking at the moment... and all of which I have no intentions of doing anything about until completely after 9:00. YA! Plus, I have a pot of coffee, all to myself. I should be fairly psychotic in about an hour anyways. AND, my phone will not ring with someone asking me to take children to school, or anywhere else.

I will go refresh the java.... because I can.

No comments: