Thursday, December 23, 2004

An anniversary to forget.

This day will be the one year anniversary that my sister dragged me (kicking and screaming and I believe drugged) to Walmart. Yes, Walmart. Is there not somewhere I should have been that evening one year ago, on a December 23rd evening... someplace a little saner than the bedlem I found myself surrounded by? It looked as though there was a earthquake, not of the natural sort, but the human sort. Things and crap were strewn around the store from here to the fishing department. Shelves tipped, people pushing little ones in shopping carts with crap loaded on top of them. Toy shelves broken and toys all over the floor. Of course there are the people that do the overhead pages right into the microphone.... that's right... blow into the microphone first, that's a pleasant sound. Similar to recieving an electric shock for simply taking a breath. I remember my sister and I in hysterical laughter walking around this store, and every couple of moments I would ask another question... "why are we here?"... "what is the reason for this?"......"how could I have said yes to this?"......... "I think there should be some financial compensation for this road trip"........"remind me of this next year, so I can run and hide......Today she asked if I wished to go to Walmart... and today... my memory was working a little too sharp to be fooled a second time.

No comments: