Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I have not run out of logic....

It's just been a little slow in coming. Logic that is. I have failed to find answers that have been through the test of logic, so at the moment I have remained thoughtless.

But some thoughts I will share.....
The girl has taken a sudden interest in reading... whew-who give the girl some batteries for her flashlight... and nighty-night missy.... that makes me happy. My little full of imagination pink kitty princess doll that couldn't read or spell to save her life..... likes to read. That's amazing.

The boy has been practicing up a christmas song on the piano: "Rockin 'round the Christmas Tree"... and he's taken to singing while playing. He'll be playing at a piano recital next week, and then playing at the school Christmas Play... well, he will play when people are leaving the gym.. he doesn't want to actually play in front of people... that's his actual answer.

Oh, and a totally different subject... I am really beginning to dislike the public school system.... greatly. For very minute matters, but for matters all the same. Does this make sense.... the teachers have a mandate from the Ministry of Education that they have to teach computers in our classrooms (from K to 5) at our school. Interesting point though, is that the district does not supply the school with actual computers to be taught with. None. So now, the Parent Advisory Council has been asked to fund the computer room for new (actually 2nd hand) computers..... at a cost of $10 000. The more we do as "fundraisers", the less the government hands over and it appears that the system is working.... so that's frustrating as hell... the more we do, the less they will have to. But then I am caught.... I can see the value in having a computer program in schools... I just don't think we should pay for the them. The same as "we" (P.A.C.) should not have paid for a third of the cost of the roll shutters on the windows so that the school district would not have to keep replacing all the smashed window that we had to deal with every week. Highly odd, highly odd indeed.

OH, and it's also nice to be told from one of your child's teachers that "THEY are the teacher, and THEY see what goes on", and YOUR child is not stressed writing a MATH exam, it's not that difficult. Even though that as a PARENT, I know that MY CHILD worries about doing WELL on a MATH EXAM, and this is the response that I get from "THE TEACHER". Well I say: FUCK YOU. But I can't say that in real life... only on this blog imaginary life....but that is really what I want to say. I am beginning to think about home-tutoring teachers... is there such a thing?

Well, that's it for me.... oh.. and to the lady that decided to pull out in front of me while I was going to turn left onto our street, and you decided to cross in front of me.... it's not a fucking four way stop.. please learn to read english, or notice the NON-4-WAY-STOP-SIGN, and when people get pissed and yell out the window... this isn't a four way stop.. don't smile and wave and say OH, SO SORRY. Yes, fuck you too.

I did have a nice day... the sister handed off her boys to me, on short notice as usual, so any plans I did have, had to be forgotten... and I got to see my friend Lujza in passing.... that was nice.

OH, and then Ellpee the recovering back-injured dog-if-she-jumps-she-may-die dog, jumped. Nice Ellpee, nice. We spend THOUSANDS of dollars to keep her alive, and then she jumps over a babygate, that is only serving to protect her. All of course at a time when I read a blog with a wonderful tribute to her dog that died... and crap, I had tears rolling down my face from her to Australia (HI G!!) So, I'm a little sensitive on the dog issue. But then again.. we had the other evil queen 11 years too long... and she's crazy and old... and getting deaf. And needs out every three minutes, and back in again every four. AND, she still insists on wanting to kill Ellpee, so there's the whole fear factor that we live in.

Enough said for today..... whew.... feeling better.. now where are my Vitamin B Complexes... I need to down about 2 bottles.


1 comment:

riskybiz said...

Boy, alot of people pissed in your corn flakes today. Though I don't like you to feel that way, I like to read it anyways.
I agree totally with the school system. Same thing here in Ontario.