Thursday, December 09, 2004

Earth here I come;

  1. Today I saw someone sneaking across a crosswalk in downtown Vancouver. A most interesting sight. It all happened in the late morning.... and the person sneaked. I really wanted to open my window and say "HEY BUDDY!, I can see you...you can sneak.. but you can't hide!". But it was downtown Vancouver.... and you just don't know what you're going to come across at certain intersections. Then, once in Vancouver I drove in circles around the block. Really. I had to drop something off... but the location that I needed to drop something off is at the main entrance to a building, with a bus zone in front of it. Now these bus drivers get a little testy when "some loser" decides that they can take up space in front of it for all of 15 seconds. So each time I pulled up to drop something off (someone was actually outside waiting for "the dropoff" to happen), I had to keep going, which meant going around the block again. (Big city with one way streets). I eventually did the hand off... they got their goods, and I got rid of the burden I had been carrying around in the back of the 14 year old SUV. See they really are good for something. Then, I decided to drop off the 4 red crates from the Vanilla Diet Coke that someone had brought over..... he manages a Chevron Station (gas) just leaving Vancouver on 1st Avenue. So, since I was doing drop-off errands I brought back the red things. Interesting thing is.... I drove an hour into the city to drop off the red crates, when in actuality he lives less than 5 minutes away. That's good sensibility if I have ever heard of it.

    Oh, and I broke the news to the husbandman-giftbuying genius that I live with. I am no longer looking for a digital camera at this time. He was rather heart-broken, he was looking forward to a year where he could actually say "I got my wife nothing for Christmas" and still be alive. I am not out of the market for one, I am waiting until the perfect one happens along. I have been doing my computer research based comparison shopping, as well as talking to people... so now, I am waiting once again. Mr. Giftbuyer is going to have to start inventing up some good gift giving things. I am not worried, he always does. ALWAYS. Without fail... and it goods stuff, stuff that you would want... stuff that you would buy for a friend, and then think to yourself... I should keep this for me. I am curious how he is going to construct a kitchen without my noticing....

    I am becoming more and more passionate about issues that affect me everyday; all of this influence is coming from my sister.. who insists on moving mountains with her magical way with words. By writing letters, she has managed to see changes by pursuing matters with a delicate yet firm manner, which have resulted in change. I haven't quite found my niche, but I believe that passion drives people, and if you believe in something strong enough that alone will light the fire to lead the way.

2 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Has Gemmak been here? :) Are you much more proficient at this blog thing than I am.

Looks Great! Now we don't "look alike" anymore.

Hey, you sound a little down these days. Hope it gets better for you soon.

PS _ Remember, my dogs are absolutely ancient too, I know how you're feeling! And don't get me started on the school system - gahhhhH!

Deanna said...

gemmak??? gemmak who?? what's a gemmak? I don't know what or who gemmak is.....??? Not a clue..!!! What do gemmaks do? I wouldn't know a gemmak to see one. Whatever they do, they must be good at it. Whoever they are... they must be the "person" to do it. Although I believe that "gemmaks" are an amazing thing... if I were to find one......!!!

I am not down... just a moment of bizarre frustration. I have moved forward.