Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Yesterday's news.

The things that happened yesterday:
  1. Spent 5 hours cutting the lawn, weeding the lawn (with a rake and a leather gloved hand), dug out my lovely black dirt from the compost bin, chucked dirt all about the holes that I just put in the lawn by ripping out weeds, raked the dirt and seeded the lawn, re-potted a rhodoedendron for what reason I do not know.. it is certainly on deaths door, but the neighbours ripped it from their garden.. so I had to have it. ( I couldn't just simply go the garden store and get one with nice green leaves on it, and buds in hopes of future blooms ) Stripped my tomatoes and used that pot for all of my bamboo stake collection that Mr. Husbandman wonders about. Raked up two tons of crap beneath the fir trees.... which you do not know the crap is there because fir needles do not fall with a thud... but over time there is quite a mound of them.
  2. Then I went inside.... and hauled out the vacuum.... and did a stupid job that I have been wanting to do... vacuum the screens on the windows.... Point of interest here... I managed somehow to move the bathroom screen so that it was now stuck, and open about 1 inch from the window frame, I fiddled with it, trying to slide it back and then.. just left it..... this morning.. it has been fixed. Mr. Husbandman is ever so observant about his passion in life.... being the window guy that he is.
  3. And the most important news of the day... I thought I was imagining things when I had a couple of sips of coffee, and it seemed a bit cool. I was really smacked in the face when I finally poured another cup, doctored it up, took a sip.. and it was cold.
  4. Screamed....................................................... the fourteen year old coffee maker is gone!

No comments: