Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The First Day of School.

Yes, it sprang upon me quickly. I could tell it was nearing by the level of scowling from the chicklets. The decibels were rising quicker than a flame reaching for oxygen. It couldn't have happened all soon enough.

I love the first day of school. It gives us reason to get dressed, eat some sort of breakfast, then lock our doors, and take a brisk morning walk to a little school in desperate need of a proper parking lot and driveway. On this shining bright blue sky filled morning.. we walked. It probably could be our last walk... as I am certain that the little lady princess pipster will undoubtedly make us late for some reason.... tomorrow, and all the days following. I have already put a plan of action in place.... I will just let the boy scooter himself to school. It should hopefully be safe, as the icky filthy squatter infested home way over on the corner has now been condemned ... so hopefully the filth that inhabits this space has been condemned with it.

The boy was quite happy to go off to school today.. as he has informed me for the twenty millionth time this summer that he is the oldest kid in the school. I'd say he had a lot to brag about if he could have been the oldest and the tallest... but a girl has him beat on that one... so I wont rub it in. Although I did tell him that if I heard that he was the oldest one more time... I was going to start doing things that would start taking years off his life... just to shut him up. I am evil. In other things that make me evil... I sent him off to Tae Kwon Do today.... his most hated sport known to him... of course all of his sports have been taken away from him... the things that exercise the hands, but almost for certain rots the brain.. his computer and his playstation, and just to make myself even more evil.. he has also lost the television. But later on in the day, lovely Hamsterson was busily riding and skidding on his bike. That was a foreign and odd sight. Almost UFO like.

Fussina Mussina Pipenza Evlina is a different story. She once again willingly set foot into the shower last evening, and we washed her hair. That was all done so that she could get it all braided up, which would make it all fluffy for this morning, and then she would be a big blond bombshell, as opposed to the tall blond bombshell that she already is. Her outfit of the day, was one from last year, and she was OK with that. It was still pretty, and lovely, and I wished I owned to my name as of this moment, ... but she does, and it still fits fine in the width, and it's only a bit troubling for the length......but she is happy that she has a skirt to wear, and it's pretty, and it's purple (lilac). That's all that matters.

And now for the changes at school today:
Regular teachers that been around forever and a day (almost) are gone.
I had to walk to the back of the school to collect my children, this is foreign to me.
A classroom that I had regularly visited for four years straight is now owned by someone else.
People have changed their names over the summer.
One person looked particularly happy to be at school... but this was only her first day... she will have to wait until tomorrow to get her real personality back.
Summer really doesn't help with the growth of a rat.
The now past PAC president's hair has gone frizzy. Not sure why on this one.
There are already posters on the wall, and a picture of my boy Hamsterson, and the girl from across the street are at the bottom of a poster, side to side. This is a sign.
They ran out of cream for the coffee while we waited the whole 50 minutes for the chicklets to re-acquaint themselves with desks and blackboards, and of course kids that they love to hate.
The gym has been painted to a 2005 look, rather than a 1960 look. I will still complain about the colours though.

And, in things that you wish it was still summer time:

Pippy and her friends have started riding bikes,... happily...around the block, by themselves. Why couldn't they have started this on the last day of June,... it would have made more sense. But, now that our light is fading quicker and quicker each day.. they have found this the latest love.
My boy doesn't have a bedtime... I am hoping that he finds one soon.

No comments: