Monday, September 12, 2005

The 1:50 phone call

My little lady Pipster, made it to school, and remained in school... until I got the phone call. This was after one child left her group, then another child left her group. And she became the third to leave her group. The teacher became nervous, she wasn't sure if she was being taken for a ride. Three girls leaving class on the first day of real-deal school, perhaps it was the little grade 3er's telling her who was boss. I did fess up that the girl was getting a bit too snuffly and runny nosed as the morning progressed, (so I did what all evil parents do, when they need to be someplace during the school day..."suck it up sister" I said to the sweet princess and then sent her to school... she wasn't melting from the whole fever thing... ) but I also had my first day of the stroke club to tend to... and I was already madly nervous about the first day... only because I was been sent regrets left,right and center... I thought it would just be me, my lovely volunteer, the word games, and a big empty room. As we were heavy into our first Bocce Ball game of the season, the call came in... and luckily my amazing and wonderful brand new volunteer volunteered to pick up the Pipster... who also is the Pipsters grandmother. Thank the big guy for mothers as volunteers. It just works. As it certainly worked today.

No comments: