Wednesday, September 21, 2005

3 more...

Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought three music books that have familiar tunes for a variety of audiences. Now I just have to read the tunes and play them for people on the piano.... at my stroke group. I am working on incorporating speech from music for a couple of sessions. Key words... working on it. Now I have to learn the songs, which are fairly simple... but I have to play them well.... to get people to tap their feet to the music, or let the words fall out of their mouths. All the personal successes add up to bigger success for those in my group.

The lovely Hamsterson was helping me out last night while I was playing. I can't exactly tell what kind of fake accent he had entered into, but he was playing the part of an oddball music teacher... and egging me on to keep playing. He sputtered out all kinds of words of encouragement.. (you had to be here to understand the amusement in this)... He carried on ... rant rant rant.. until finally he comes out with in his english/irish/scottish accent that he had made up: "My mother is better than you on these keys... and she's dead!"

No comments: