Monday, September 19, 2005

Who's homework is whos?

On Friday we were given something from the girls teacher. So, speedily this morning we to attempted to accomplish the request to do some math drills for the little lady Pipster. Little lady Pipster does not do math drills speedily... the first request was totally wrong. The second request for her to do them at home, was another assumption, and totally wrong once again. WE managed to get the first sheet done. I set the clock the alloted 5 minutes... gave her her pencil and an eraser.. as the microwave quietly ticked down the minutes. Mission Accomplished.... although.. she said she just wanted to finish the line, after the beep went off. Little Lady Pipster doesn't get timed drills. The third question in... I asked Pip, what is 3 + 3 ... She gives me the stupid idiot mother look, and tells me to read what she wrote... 3+3=6.... the trick here is, if you turn the six around... and give it just a little tale.. it looks like a two.. which is what she had written. My left handed Pip... everythings just kind of backwards. This isn't the end... I then had to ask the backwards Pip to now do "take aways" on everything she had just painstakingly added up. That blank piece of paper ended up on the floor... and it didn't float down there.... that was the end of the morning math homework.

The Hamsterson had an assignment... to do a summer collage. It cost me a 160.00 to do. Well, by the time I went through Costco, and bought the printer cartridges, and the batteries, and the box of gum, and then the hotdog that the girl was absolutely needed because she was going to die any second.. and then he wanted pizza... of course after that.. I wanted a latte... it all added up to 160.00 .... just because I was trying to print some pictures from the internet for the boys summer collage, that didn't have a blue hue to it. I'm stupid. I have now spent the whole evening helping the boy with his collage... and cutting out little letters.. and assisting in the glueing procedures... and now I am worried... was there supposed to be parental input into the first collage of the year... the most worrisome part... this has set me back from the book marathon that I am currently enrolled in.

No comments: