Monday, September 12, 2005

The real deal

Today is the first day of real school. Last week was just fake. Last week was all about mastering the getting into the routine of waking up, doing junk and leaving the home before 9:00 am. Today we are expected to make a good showing, and be there for 0855. I just think of it the invisible challenge line. As other parents are busy scurrying about, and have been kept waiting with great anticipation and even greater anxiety, as to who their child will get as a teacher for the year...I on the other hand am troubled by the invisible challenge line, and my inability to cross it on time. That said... my coffee is done... that will certainly get me even more worked up when little lady Pipster says she "just isn't ready to be ready"... whatever that means in her blondness.

In other things that are the real deal.... things like my Stroke Group begin today... and so do piano lessons, Tae Kwon Do, gymnastics, art attack, cartooning and swimming. It is very sad.. but I can not write soccer on the list.... HA HA HA. And that is also real. The Pip and I saw her last years team practicing the other day while she still splashed in the big outdoor pool... OH PIP... I call to her... look what I see taking place out on the field..... the girl sank to the bottom of the pool. She has such talent.

Better go prepare some real lunches, and wake some real children.

No comments: