Thursday, September 08, 2005

This is how it goes...

Here, I'll put on a little play...right here. It's easy, just follow along.

Part One:

me: Oh King, do you think you can build me a shed?
him: Yes Sir, almost anything for you sir. I will do it.
me: Oh King, do you think that it will take you long to build?
him: Now Sir, I am the King I can build anything.
me: Oh King, do you think I should go to Home Depot and buy a shed.
him: No Sir!... I will not put up a rickity rack shack in my back yard, I must build my own kingdom, that will be sure to stand after the first rain storm.
me: Oh King, alright ... if you think you can do it.
him: I will have it done by the long weekend.

(Ok, that conversation took place in May).

Part Two:

me: Oh King... it's the first day of your holidays... you have so much work ahead of you.
him: Sir, I can't talk now, I am off to Home Depot for supplies.
me: Oh King... I'll come with you.. I can't resist the temptuous smell of lumber.
him: Alright Sir, if you must, but do not think that I am going to looking at other of your silly things, I am looking for things to build the shed with.
me: Oh King, I must accompany you anyways, as you need to put the purchase of supplies on my airmiles credit card.
him: Alright Sir.
me: Oh King, how much of this shed do you think you will get accomplished?
him: Sir, I believe that I will have it sheeted by the end of the week.
me: Oh King, so how much is that to finishing it?
him: Sir...do not worry, I will easily have this shed done by the end of August, way before the end of summer.

(Conversation in July as he sits and reads his newspaper on his ugly deck with the dog)

Part Three:

me: The kids are going back to school tomorrow.
him: Oh.
me: That means it's September 6th.
him: Oh
me: This is the September long week-end, basically the end of summer.
him: Not really.
me: So, what's on the plan for today.
him: Going to work on my shed.
me: You have a shed? I didn't know that... when did that happen? OMG --- you have a shed.
Well aren't you the king... Mr. showoff man shed builder....
him: (stares at me)
me: Well I have a smile on my face now that you have a shed... you will have to show me where it is......( smiling here... and looking around in bewilderment)
him: You just wait.

Conversation from last week-end.

Part Four:













































































Part Five:

me: I'm still waiting.
him: (sits and smiles)

No comments: