Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh...! and on the 10th day of December....

Mommy Dot was still needing to be released from prison.

I heard it on the radio!

True story.

Fashioned in the mind of a youngster from many moons ago.

I KID you not!

~~~~~

OK... so truth be told...

Once upon a time when I was a child.... those years are stretching further and further away...

I used to hear this song on the radio ... and I believed it was about this Mexican family that had their mother (Mommy Dot, as she was called) sitting in a mexican jail (for reasons unknown- like putting too much butter in the shortbread or something like that...), and all they wanted for christmas was to wish her a merry christmas, so they stood at the jail gates and begged the guards to "Release Mommy Dot!" (You must now picture the whole Mexican family standing at the gates... with Mommy Dot on the other side, waving at them....oh, and Mommy Dot was kinda a bigga bigga lady because of all her baking...)

Now put it to music.....

"Release Mommy Dot... release Mommy Dot....release Mommy Dot... release Mommy Dot...." (add in some spanish sounding words here)

And then.... some more lyrics....

"I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas"
"From the bottom of my heart"

Yes people... it's all true....

On the 10th day of December I heard "Feliz Navidad" for the first time... of course cleverly disguising itself as "Release Mommy Dot".

I think it's time for some professional help ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!

Debbie1

Chaos is my Life said...

I will join you!